Cardiac Rehabilitation Continuance Program (CRCP) at Type One Fitness
Type One Fitness offers a Cardiac Rehabilitation Continuance Program (CRCP) designed for adults transitioning from medical cardiac rehabilitation, who want to continue with personalized sessions supervised by our on-staff Exercise Physiologist at our state-of-the-art facility.
Our CRCP is a supervised program that includes exercise, support, counseling and education. This transitionary comprehensive program helps you recover from a heart attack or other pulmonary problems, once you have graduated from a medically supervised program. This program offers many benefits that can improve your health and quality of life.
Benefits of our CRCP
CRCP is a comprehensive therapy combining prescribed exercise training, cardiac risk factor modification, education on heart health, and diet and nutrition counseling. Our program helps you recuperate, build confidence and get stronger after you’ve had surgery or medical treatment for a heart issue, as a transition from a medically supervised program.
After your initial hospital supervised cardiac rehab our CRCP at Type One Fitness can help your continuous progression regardless of your age, gender or whether your heart issue was minor or major. We offer long-term and continuing education and care for you to stay heart-healthy and on the right path.
Our CRCP is available to individuals who’ve had some kind of problem with their heart, including the following.
- Heart attack.
- Heart failure.
- Use of a ventricular assist device.
- Heart or heart-lung transplant.
- Heart valve repair or replacement.
- Coronary artery bypass graft.
- Coronary artery angioplasty with or without stent placement.
The importance of our CRCP
As an ongoing maintenance program, CRCP helps people who’ve had a heart attack or other heart problem recover by outlining an individualized plan for safely improving physical health and identifying and managing other risk factors. Having a heart attack or other heart issue can also be scary and make you feel depressed. Cardiac rehabilitation emphasizes the importance of psychological health and quality of life. It provides holistic support for every part of rehab so you’re not alone in reaching your goals.
What to expect from the CRCP at Type One Fitness
Working in a group setting, the CRCP staff will provide supervision in the gym as you start out slowly according to your prescribed target heart rate range and rate of perceived exertion, to meet your individual needs and goals. As you complete more sessions and gain confidence and endurance, the staff will be there to help you gradually progress by increasing the intensity and/or duration of your exercise according to your fitness level and medical history.
Vital signs including blood pressure and heart rate will be taken pre and post workouts. The built-in pulse sensors on our advanced exercise machines will help provide real-time heart rate monitoring during your workout to make sure you’re safe while exercising.
Our InBody biometric screening – body composition analysis is an optional part of our intake process. Go beyond the scale with the InBody test – a non-invasive, quick, and accurate body composition analysis that provides a detailed breakdown of your weight in terms of muscle, fat, and water. Your comprehensive yet easy-to-understand measurements will display on an InBody result sheet in under a minute. No more pinching. No more dunking. Get results you can trust so you can reach your health and fitness goals with precision and actionable objectives. This is simply a way to measure your progress but we also firmly believe in a broader approach to fitness of the body and mind and look at energy levels, self-confidence, emotional fluctuations and more!
CRCP exercises will vary depending on your incoming fitness level and risk factors
- Cardio exercises, like walking, riding a stationary bike or using an elliptical or step trainer.
- Activities to strengthen your muscles, like lifting free weights or using selectorized and cable machines, and/or resistance bands.
Other CRCP components
- Eating healthier.
- Stress management techniques. If requested, the staff can also help you get a referral to speak with a specialist in behavioral health.
- Getting to and staying at a healthy weight.
- Stopping the use of tobacco products and/or other substances.
- Controlling your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels for preventing or managing diabetes.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Continuance Program ongoing sessions
People of all ages with heart conditions can benefit from our program. The CRCP is offered with no start or end date allowing participants to join and extend sessions at any time, work at their own pace and remain enrolled for as long as they choose. Sessions will expand to other times and dates based on demand and request.
Check with your medical team and insurer to determine if our Cardiac Rehabilitation Continuance Program is covered under your insurance plan. Medicare and most other insurers provide reimbursement for cardiac rehab undertaken after most of the cardiac or pulmonary conditions.
Walter shares his experience
[The Cardiac Rehab] program at Type One Fitness has been a tremendous help to me! When I started this program, I had some blockage repaired. It made it hard for me to breathe and I got very lazy. Since then, I have more strength, and now have the desire to continue with physical training. I now have the goal to improve, and keep the progress going forward. I am once again on a regular exercise program, watching more closely what I eat and finally seeing all my important numbers, blood pressure, blood sugar level and weight coming down. I have been encouraged and motivated by the friendliness and guidance of Joe and the staff and members at Type One Fitness. This is such a well-run program and great facility, and I would highly recommend it. I will be here to keep advancing. My many thanks to all who have helped!
- Help you recover and get stronger after a heart attack, heart surgery or other heart issue.
- Get your body moving so your everyday activities are easier.
- Improve your daily quality of life.
- Help lower your risk of experiencing another heart attack.
- Decrease your risk of becoming very ill or dying from heart disease in the coming years.
- Help you manage mental health and possible feelings of depression and anxiety after a heart attack.
- Show you ways to fight stress.
- Help you with sustainable weight management strategies.
- Teach you healthier lifestyle habits, such as heart-healthy eating, not using tobacco products, decreasing time spent sitting and exercising more.
- Help with your chest pain and shortness of breath.