Be part of the Cure!
Type One relies on the support of generous donors like you to fulfill its mission. Your support goes a long way and helps to make a positive difference in the lives of those living with type 1 diabetes. To make a donation please complete the form below. Donations may also be mailed to Type One, Inc., PO Box 404, Hingham, MA 02043
Type One is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service.
To donate, please complete the form below.
Making a positive difference is easy
Support our mission
We believe that by changing one life at a time, we can change the world. A daunting task no doubt but we have the energy and vision to make it happen and we have a proven track record over the past ten years. Your donation to Type One will demonstrate your commitment to our mission. Without the generous support through donations and grants, our work at Type One would not be possible.
Start your own fundraiser to support Type One through GoFundMe
Easily start your campaign in just a few minutes. Click on the following link and choose Type One, Inc. EIN: 461038817 as your charity of choice.
Set up your gofundme fundraiser.
Dedicate your special day to support our mission on Facebook
You can easily use a special occasion like your birthday, anniversary, or some other milestone to support our Type One Cares campaign. Celebrate your special occasion by asking family and friends to donate to Type One, Inc., rather than buying a gift. Personalize your fundraising page and explain why our mission is important to you and include photos. The process is fun and easy! Use the following link to get started.
Set up your facebook fundraiser.
Other ways to support Type One, Inc.
- Corporate matching programs set up by corporations in which the company matches donations made by employees.
- Donor-advised fund, or DAF, is like a charitable investment account for supporting Type One, Inc. Learn more.
- Stocks, bonds and real estate donation of appreciated securities. Under specific circumstances, such a donation can be mutually advantageous to both the giver (the owner of the real estate) and Type One, Inc.
- A direct gift of retirement assets to Type One, Inc. is the most tax–efficient way to support our mission. It is also possible to donate retirement assets, including IRAs, 401(k)s and 403(b)s by taking a withdrawal, paying income tax on the distribution and then contributing the proceeds.
- Gifts of insurance is when a donor gifts the proceeds of a life insurance policy—where the donor is both the owner of the policy as well as the insured—the gift is deemed to be made by the estate of that individual at the time the life insurance proceeds are donated.
- Legacy giving is a planned donation that designates a part of an individual’s estate to Type One, Inc. Legacy gifts are most often made through wills and trusts, by denoting the organization that should receive the gift.
- Memorializing with a donation to Type One, Inc. is a charitable contribution in memory of someone who has passed away can help others.
Please contact us if you have any further questions about donating.
Type One Cares
Join Us In Supporting Our Local High School Students
We invite you to make a tax-deductible donation to support our Type One Cares Scholarship Fund. Type One has expanded our financial giving by awarding $1,000.00 scholarships to graduating high school seniors in our community to support advanced studies at any college, university, or technical institution.
Type One Supports The Work Of The Faustman Lab At MGH
Type One events have generated over $120,000 in support of the Faustman Lab at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH). The Faustman Lab is focused on discovering and developing new treatments for type 1 diabetes (T1D), a vaccine for the reversal of long-term type 1 diabetes and other autoimmune diseases.
Send A Kid To T1D Camp
Through our donation and fundraising platforms, Type One has partnered with the Barton Center for Diabetes Education, one of the largest, independent camping and educational programs in the country dedicated to children who live with diabetes and the people who care for them. Type One will be providing scholarships for local children with T1D to attend a week of residential camp this summer.
Providing Financial Help For Diabetes Management And Treatment
Type One provides assistance for those in need of diabetes supplies such as insulin, syringes, and test strips. Assists in paying for emergency care and with travel and accommodation costs for appointments. Proper supplies, education, and care allow a patient to properly manage diabetes. By bettering care early on, risk for long term complications is much lower.